As part of data analysis, companies may wish to request their employees to self-report on sensitive information. Account Admins may determine which data should be collected and Users may share or may choose to opt out.
Jump Ahead to:
- Configure the SRDDC Feature
- About You Form
- User Access to Self-Reported Information
- Admin Access to Self-Reported Information
Configure the SRDDC Feature
The ability to configure the Self-Reporting Demographic Data Collection (SRDDC) feature is only available if it has been enabled on the Account by Emtrain Support Staff. Once enabled on the Account, the feature is not automatically turned on for Users. An Account Admin must configure the SRDDC feature in the Manage Tools.
When an Admin first accesses the Demographic Data tab in the Site Config area of the Manage Tools, they will see that all items are disabled. Fields may not be selected, nor the message be edited until the box to Enable Self-Reported Demographic Capture is checked.
Once the Enable Self-Reported Demographic Capture box is checked, the Admin may select one or more fields and insert an optional message of 200 characters or less (or use the default Emtrain message).
Then, the Admin must Save the configuration. Upon saving this screen, the About You modal will begin to be shown for any User who has not yet seen it.
About You Form
The fields selected by the Account Admin will now be displayed on the About You form for Users to complete when they next enter the system.
A User can opt to NOT answer any of the questions presented on the About You form. This can be accomplished in one of two ways:
- User may opt to click I don’t want to share any of this information at the bottom of the About You form.
- User may move all answers to Prefer not to say and then save these answers.
Please Note: The modal will appear only once. A User may choose to respond or skip at that time. The modal will not populate a second time but the information may be accessed from the User Profile.
User Access to Self-Reported Information
If a User wishes to add, edit or remove self-reported data, they may do so from their User Profile.
- Add self-reported data by selecting an answer in the drop down where there was previously no answer.
- Edit self-reported data by selecting a different answer in the drop down where there was already an answer.
- Remove self-reported data by clicking the X to the right of the drop down option.
Admin Access to Self-Reported Information
Admins will NOT have access to Self-Reported data.
- Self-reported data fields are NOT available on the User Table.
- Self-reported data fields are NOT visible when an Admin views a User Profile.
Self-reported data may be used for data analysis.