This happens because the course uses the responsive layout features and is sensing a smaller area so it offers the mobile view instead of the desktop view of the content. Here are a few things to review to see how it might be fixed on your system:
- For best viewing, your display should be set to 1440x900. If set smaller, you may lose visibility on critical course features and functionality.
- Is the browser window at the maximum size of 100% (not more and not less)? Expand as needed to see if this resolves the visibility issues.
- Are your browser zoom settings set to something more than 100%? Review the preferences in your browser and ensure they are not set to zoom the image. Resetting to 100% should assist with visibility.
- Is the zoom feature of your computer set to something more than 100%? Review the computer preferences and ensure these are set to 100% and not more. Resetting to 100% should assist with visibility.
- Do you use multiple monitors and see this problem when moving the window into a different monitor? Ensure that the monitor DPI setting is set to allow you to choose the scaling for all windows instead of allowing it to adjust when changing between monitors.