In the Emtrain AI Platform, Learners are denoted as Users. Below are some of the common questions about how to manage User data and roster uploads.
- How do I delete Users?
- How do I ensure the upload imports correctly when Importing & Editing my CSV User Roster?
- How do I send a password reset email to my users?
- How do I add custom fields into my User table?
- Why can't I find a user by searching?
- How can I filter users based on their profile fields?
- How do I know which Roster Fields are enabled on my User table?
- If I change a User's Profile data via CSV Import, when can I expect to see these changes reflected in their group assignments?
How do I delete Users?
In the Emtrain AI platform, administrators can manually deactivate users, which will prevent them from logging in or viewing content. This can be done through the platform itself, or through CSV Import.
How do I ensure the upload imports correctly when Importing & Editing my CSV User Roster?
In order to prevent user data from being incorrectly overwritten, ensure that your Profile Fields remain the same and do not change column location across all uploads. In order to do so, we recommend utilizing the CSV Download Tools, which ensure that mapped data fields remain consistent between imports.
How do I send a password reset email to my users?
If a user has already logged in at least once before and has either forgotten their password or is having trouble logging in, two different actions can be taken:
- User can follow the Password Guide instructions to request a reset token
- Administrator can Generate Temp Password for a user:
- Select Users from the Manage Tools.
- Click View to see the profile details of the User for whom you wish to generate a temporary password.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Generate Temp Password, which will cause a temporary password to generate just below this button. Share this with your user to allow them to log in and change their account credentials. Please note that this password will prevent the user's original password from working.
How do I add Custom Fields into my User table?
Custom Fields are currently configured by your Implementation Specialist. Please reach out to them with questions or configuration details.
How can I filter Users based on their profile fields?
Standard Fields (Role, Title, Location, US State, and Country) can be filtered by searching for exact matches, but are not case-sensitive.
Encrypted Fields (First Name, Last Name, Email) can be filtered by searching for exact matches, including case-sensitivity. For instance, a user cannot be found by typing the first 3 letters of their first name into the search bar. Instead, their entire first name must be entered exactly how it appears on the User table.
Custom Fields and System Generated Fields (Admin, Status, Groups) cannot be used to filter User lists at this time.
How do I know which Roster Fields are enabled on my User table?
Roster upload fields are tagged in list form just above your User table for easy viewing. Fields can be removed from view by clicking the "X" on the right side of the field you wish to delete. You can (re)add additional pre-provided fields by navigating the carrot on the right-hand corner of your upload field list, and selecting the fields you wish to add.
Alternatively, you can add all available Profile Fields by clicking Select All Columns, and then remove those that are not helpful to your report.
If I change a User's Profile data via CSV Import, when can I expect to see these changes reflected in their group assignments?
Changes to a User's Profile data via CSV Import will reflect within their personal profile immediately. However, changes to the resulting group and campaign assignments will take place shortly, the next time the system processes data changes.