New! For the first time since 2005, California employers are permitted to sponsor a 60 minute program each year for their managers and a 30 minute program each year for their non-manager employees. Emtrain helped amend that California regulation in September 2020 and it went into effect on January 1, 2021. See more information here. Emtrain created 60 minutes of content for 2021 and has just created 60 minutes of different content for 2022 (for managers), as its recommended training program.
- Emtrain has drafted Preventing Workplace Harassment, version 11, to reflect the United States Supreme Court’s ruling that Title VII prohibits employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and/or transgender status so that these two characteristics are now protected at the federal level.
- Emtrain drafted Preventing Workplace Harassment, version 11, to meet the regulatory requirements in all mandated training states. In particular, we drafted the lesson of What Makes Conduct Red and Toxic in sufficiently broad terms so it complies with New York State’s new definition of what makes conduct illegal (conduct that is not trivial) as well as the severe and pervasive standard of the federal government and the remaining states.
Preventing Workplace Harassment, version 11, provides the shared language of the Workplace Color Spectrum® so people can color-code conduct, not people, and give instant feedback to course correct in real-time.
Version 11 also introduces Emtrain’s proprietary framework of the Workplace Social Indicators™ as a method for identifying, measuring, and managing the organizational and employee behaviors that if left unchecked, lead to disrespect, exclusion, marginalization, and ultimately, to unlawful harassment.
Emtrain’s version 11 of our Preventing Workplace Harassment course enables you to:
- Meet state-mandated training regulations.
- Use a shared language to enable feedback, common ground, and a tool to course-correct in real-time.
- Identify, measure, and manage the organizational and employee behaviors that lead to disrespect.
- Benchmark your workplace culture against others and leverage Emtrain’s content, data, and ecosystem of experts to help you improve your culture.
Please refer to the Preventing Workplace Harassment US for more specific information.