As you near the training launch, it is important to consider your Communication Strategies and Curriculum Development. As you do so, it is important to consider and prepare for:
- Users must satisfy the minimum requirements with both their operating system and browser. Instruct Users about the minimum requirements if they use personal devices or if employees can determine preferences.
- Our content is 100% mobile compatible, and can be viewed with a mobile device or tablet.
- Because of the responsive design, screen size will adjust to the window size. Because of this, some feature may not be readily visible. Instruct Users about the ideal viewing experience and how to navigate to "hidden" features.
- Audio Narration can be turned on to listen to most pages be read, which provides a rich experience when combined with the videos. Alternatively, videos captions can be turned on in order to silently view all content, which is ideal in cubicle situations.
- If machine translations were made available to Users, guide them to access the Language options and how to request other languages if they don't see the one they prefer.
- All Users have access to ask a technical question by clicking on the Help! icon near the User Menu. This does require a User to input an email address and automatically creates a ticket for our support team.
Campaign Notifications should be just one component of your communication strategy for it to be most effective — use a variety of touch points for higher completion rates.
- Internal Company Announcement prior to the Training launch
- Personal message from CEO or other executive at a company-wide meeting
- Campaign Notifications for assignment as well as incomplete training reminders
- Slack messages or other internal messaging apps
Each of our four notification templates comes with a default message which can be used in it's entirety, modified or re-written completely. You will set up messages for:
- Welcome (on the assignment date)
- Reminders (from assignment until due date)
- Past Due (from due date until training complete)
- Campaign Completion (sent once all assignments in campaign are complete)
Determining the cadence for Reminders and Past Due messaging is helpful prior to configuration. Depending on the length of the campaign, we would suggest the following:
Users often have questions that are repeatedly within the same topics. It is helpful to develop a list of FAQs on your intranet that is linked in the assignment email you send. Here are some ideas of common questions Users ask their Training Administrators:
- Why am I being asked to take the training at this time? We are committed to training all supervisors and individual contributors this calendar year.
- What is the cadence for this training? You’ll be required to complete training annually/biennially in an effort to keep important topics top of mind.
- Where can I find our policy on the topic? You will find related policies within the training but you can also locate it [HERE].
- I have questions related to our policy and/or training. Where should I send them? Visit [INTERNAL QA PAGE] for more specific questions, open a [TICKET] to connect with someone directly, or email the HR team directly with all questions.
- If I have concerns, where should I voice them? First, you’re encouraged to speak with your direct manager to share concerns and to receive immediate guidance. In addition, we have a [HOTLINE/WEBSITE], which is available 24-hours a day, seven days a week. We treat all claims, and the people who voice them, with respect, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- I completed the training, why am I still receiving reminders to finish? In order to successfully complete the training, you must complete every lesson in the training or curriculum. You’ll know you’re done when every lesson/chapter in the table of contents has a check mark to the left of the chapter title. If the training has a timer, you must also continue in the training until the timer says “0 min” which indicates you have satisfied the minimum required time.
- Will I receive a certificate of completion or some form of acknowledgement that I successfully completed the training? A Completion Certificate will be available [ON LMS/WITHIN THE COURSE]. You can access it by [DIRECTIONS].
- What is the preferred web browser to complete the training? Google Chrome. And for the best viewing experience, open the content to full screen and ensure the scale and layout of your laptop or device screen is set to 100%.
You can also review the detailed User FAQs for other common questions you might provide answers to.