As Account Admins, you have full access to review, configure and download Emtrain content, as described here:
- Available Content
- Content Library Navigation
- Preview Content
- Configure Content
- Download SCORM Packages
- Package Upload into the LMS
Purchased content should be pre-loaded and ready for configuration and download. Content is listed and described in a number of places.
Content Library Navigation
To access the Content Library, navigate to the Manage Tools for your account and select Content Library. To locate content, type the name or keyword into the Search bar. Search results will populate based on the content title and description. Use the Include filter to show all content or filter to a specific type, if preferred.
Content on the account will include both Programs and Microlessons. Lessons included in a program can be viewed when the Program is “opened” by clicking on the carrot to the left of the Program name.
Content which is on the account can be previewed using the Preview link.
This will open the content in Preview within the Learner Environment for review purposes. Please keep in mind that answers to questions do NOT populate the My Org data. Your answers to questions will not be saved and the responses you see are sample data.
- The link icon in the bottom left can be used to copy and share the link to a course that you'd like to provide to other SCORM Administrators to preview. Note that in the SCORM environment, this feature CANNOT be used to provide optional assignments. All learners must access content through your company's Learning Management System, and only Administrators can preview content through the copied link in Emtrain.
To configure the content available on your account, navigate to the Manage Tools for your account and select Content Library. From here, click the Configure button displayed on the desired Program or microlesson to access a number of options, including:
- Program Information
- Lesson information
- End of Program Card
- Completion Certificate
- Minimum Time for Program
- Minimum Time for Cards
- Policy Cards
Configure Program Information
- Program Title: This allows access to edit the Program Title. A custom title can be added to a program. Enter the custom details into the editable field and click the Save button below. The newly saved title will now appear on the Program.
- Program Description: The Program Description is available for your review but cannot be edited.
Configure Lesson Information
- Lesson Title: This allows access to edit the Lesson Title so you can alter the name of the lesson from the default to something you prefer. Enter the custom title into the editable field and click the Save button below. The newly saved title will now appear on the Lesson.
- Lesson Description: The Lesson Description is available for your review but cannot be edited.
Configure End of Program Card
- End of Program Card Message: This space allows you to create a message that will be visible on the End of Program Card.
- End of Program Cards will display the Program Name, a Completion Certificate (if configured), and the optional message to Users.
Configure Completion Certificate
- The default Completion Certificate text and instructions for downloading are editable and may be customized.
- Completion Certificates will automatically have the Program name and the User name along with the Date of Completion. There is an additional, editable line which is called Certificate Text. This may be edited, but is limited in character count.
- Certificate Download Instructions will appear on the card Users have to access the Completion Certificate. Edit the instructions for downloading.
- When done, click the Save button at the bottom of the section.
- If removing the Completion Certificate is preferred, the Completion Certificate field should be changed from Yes to No. The text does not need to be removed, but can be.
Configure Program Timer
- Default Program Timer: By default, a Program Timer is turned on when it is mandated by a certain state. This can NOT be edited or removed since it is for compliance purposes. If there is a Program Timer by default, a number of minutes will appear in the Program Timer area.
- Add Program Timer: A timer can be added to a program by entering the number of minutes for the Program Timer. The number entered will require the learner to spend that number of minutes in the training. If a timer is added after a User has completed the content and they completed in less minutes than the Program Timer now requires, they will NOT be considered incomplete and will not need access and complete additional time.
Program Timer Functionality:
- If a timer is included, the timer will pause when it notices a user is inactive. The the training is considered complete when all content has been viewed and the timer reaches zero minutes.
- If a timer is included and the learner touches all of the content but the timer has not yet reached the required amount of time spent, a message card will appear. The learner must continue to review any of the content until the timer is satisfied.
Reset to Defaults
To return all the information to the system default, click the Reset to Defaults button. This will erase the custom details that have been added and the configuration will revert to the current default.
Configure Policy Cards
If a policy is required to be added before assigning, the content the cards for policy configuration will populate. Some other details may also be customized, should you choose. It is important to ensure you have included your policy before assigning the content.
- Default Policy: As a default, a PDF policy placeholder is included and will be presented to Users if the policy is not yet configured properly. If for some reason the default policy is removed and nothing replaces it, Users will see a “No policy configured” message. Please Note: there is no way for users to proceed if the default policy is removed without replacement.
- Configure Policy Card Title: This allows access to edit the Policy Card Title. Enter the custom details into the editable field and click the Save button below. The newly saved title will now appear on the Policy Acknowledgement Card.
- Configure Policy Card Description: This allows access to edit the Policy Card Description. Enter the custom details into the editable field and click the Save button below. The newly saved description will now appear on the Policy Acknowledgement Card.
- Select Policy Type—Choose between uploading a file or adding the policy as a URL hyperlink. To add a file, choose File from the dropdown menu. Alternatively, to add a URL hyperlink, choose Link from the dropdown menu and paste the desired URL.
- Select Policy File—If you chose File in the Select Policy Option, the ability to select the policy file will automatically populate. Click Choose file to select your policy file for upload. Any uploaded file must have no spaces in the name. We suggest using an underscore in place of any space. Click Save to upload the policy file to this card. The platform is optimized for policies formatted as a PDF.
- Acceptable file types include: DOC, PDF, PNG, PPT, XLS. If you wish to use an MP3 or MP4, we recommend embedding into a PPT for delivery. If a file other than a PDF is used, the typical behavior is a direct download, which a User would then need to navigate to for review.
- Preview Policy Card File—To preview an existing policy, click Preview policy card file to view or download to your system. This will allow you to preview the actual policy but not the entire card. This is only available when the Policy Type is a File.
- Add Policy Card Link URL—If you chose Link in the Select Policy Option, the ability to add a policy URL will automatically populate. Add the complete Policy URL and click Save to direct Users to this URL to view the Company Policy.
- Remove Policy Card—The configuration tools do not allow for card removal at this time.
Download PIF Files
To download a SCORM PIF File, navigate to the Content Library section of the Manage Tools. Locate the content you wish to download and click the Download SCORM PIF link.
This will automatically begin downloading the corresponding file. Once downloaded, it can be renamed as desired. We do recommend uploading to SCORM Cloud for testing purposes—this provides a neutral testing location to validate the file itself works properly.
If thumbnails are necessary for upload into the LMS, right click on the corresponding image with the downloaded content. From there, select Save Image As… to download the image.
Brief content descriptions are found directly below the title. Complete descriptions are available on the Emtrain Website. Descriptions may be copied and used for content upload in another LMS.
Upload to the Learning Management System
SCORM courses typically default to a small screen size as a pop-up window, unless otherwise instructed. Once open, the screen size can be adjusted manually by the end User when they expand the screen they are viewing the content with.
Depending on the setting options in your LMS, it may be possible to configure how the screen should open. As an example, in the SCORM Cloud you can configure the Launch Behavior to open the training at Full Screen. This ability is different in every LMS—to learn more please contact your LMS provider.