As our world responds to crisis, we recognize that plans are changing. This may mean speeding up the training cycles you had initially planned—or slowing them down. We want to offer some tips and tools to Account Admins as you are considering the best manner to proceed in challenging times.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
What are the ways we can offer optional training during this time?
Please Note: To add any of our training to your account, please contact your Emtrain Account Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ToDo: Load training on the ToDo tab via a scheduled campaign with an end date of 12/31 (or other far-off date) and remove all system notifications for "focused" User directed viewing
- Browse: Load training in the Browse Tab for User-directed viewing
- URL: Make available in the Browse Tab by distributing URLs for Programs or Microlessons via internal communication
How can we report on optional training?
- Create a scheduled campaign with an end of 12/31 (or other far-off date) and remove all system notifications. Use Campaign or Content Completion reports to determine who has trained. Currently, there is no reporting on content viewed in the Browse tab.
Can we stop our training cycle all together, it seems like bad timing?
- Close or Withdraw Campaigns with Campaign Actions
- Or simply remove all Notifications, but leave the assignments
Can we launch a new training campaign to use this time effectively?
What happens to training assignments if we bring employees back?
- If they are re-activated from an Inactive Status, they would be placed in Groups and receive Assignments from any associated Campaigns
- If they are re-activated from On Leave Status, the campaign due date would adjust accordingly and the notification sequence would resume
- You can use a tag to Exclude Users if they are not required to re-take training (for example, if they trained already in 2020 they may not need it again later in the year if they were re-hired)
How will reports show Users that have the onLeave status?
- They will remain as active on Completion Reports
Can we stop all notifications?
- Notifications can be removed from a campaign without removing the assignment.
What if I need to edit notifications?
- Notifications many be edited in a campaign. Make note of behavior depending on the type of campaign.
When someone moves from onLeave to active, are they automatically notified of the new due date?
- No notifications are sent to Users as a direct result of a status change. If they move from onLeave to active, notifications will resume as scheduled in the Campaign Notification cadence.
We have had to make changes in our employee population, what is the best way to update their profiles?
- Use On Leave Status for furloughed workers
- On Leave Status Common Questions
- How do I make edits to existing users?
- How do I remove terminations?
Here is a collection of suggested resources for you:
- Sending Effective Emails With more people working from home than ever, email and other kinds of electronic communication formats are more important than ever. You can upgrade the effectiveness of your email communications by being intentional and using a few small tweaks. (3 minutes)
- Team Chat Apps In today's work environment, chat apps are a key way teams can keep connected and productive. But - as with all kinds of work communications - you can get the most of out chat apps by being empathetic and intentional. The key is to communicate in a way that works for both sides of the conversation. (3 minutes)
- Video Conferencing Best Practices Many of us are new to video conferencing - or new to participating in them from home. Video conferencing comes with its own set of do's and don'ts. Recognizing them will help connect us. Ignoring them may inadvertently send the wrong message. (2 minutes)
- What You Need to Know About COVID-19
- New Employee Leave Laws in the Wake of COVID-19
- How COVID-19 Made Empathy a Key Communication Skill
- How to Make All Employees Feel Included in the Organization
- Motivate and Engage Employees in Tech
- The New Kind of Workplace Bully
- How to Conduct Reductions in Force
- Time for Culture Leaders to Step Up
- How to Transition to Virtual Onboarding
- Time to Reinvent the Employee Relations Experience
- Letter to Employees: COVID-19 Pandemic
- How to Effectively Manage Your Remote Team: Adapting to the New Norm
- How to Rock Your Work From Home Schedule
- How to Conduct Reductions in Force
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions not covered here or if you would like further assistance!