Although every Account Admin may plan their training a little differently, there are common tasks and tips which will help your initial implementation to run smoothly. One of the most pressing questions for Account Admins is, "What are the Implementation Steps for Emtrain AI?" Have you wondered that very same thing? Follow along with this article and learn the important tasks and best tips for initial implementation.
Step 1 Dashboard Preparation
- Submit Account Set-up Information to your Implementation Specialist. This must include: Company Name, Account Owner & Email Address, and requested Subdomain. Provide names and email addresses of additional Account Administrators.
- Submit your company logo for upload to Implementation Specialist.
- Subscribe to the Product Release Notes so you are always informed of newly released and upgraded tools and features of the Emtrain AI Platform.
Step 2 Campaign Objectives
- Who are you training? Are all employees getting trained on everything? Are different groups receiving training at different times?
- What will you train them on? Select Programs or Microlessons you plan to launch. See our Harassment Training Guide 2020 for best practice recommendations on Harassment Compliance.
- When do you wish to train? Detail your overall training plan. Plan ahead for other Programs or Microlessons you may wish to tailor or customize.
Step 3 Program Configuration
- Submit Program Policies to Implementation Specialist for inclusion in the programs. Be sure to indicate which policy is to be inserted in which program. With Emtrain AI, you are able to use distinct policies for each program. Remember to allow at least a week after submission for the Program to be configured with your policy.
- Request configuration of Completion Certificates, if desired. Submit language for the certificate itself as well as the instruction card where the download link is located.
- Request configuration of Page Delay, if desired.
- Request Customized Program names, if desired.
- Will languages beyond English be used by employees? Programs must be configured properly in order to be delivered in languages besides English.
- Be advised of Newly Released Training Programs and Changes to Current Programs by clicking Follow on the forums.
Step 4 User Configuration
- Submit your current roster to Implementation Specialist. The User Profile Fields must include first name, last name, unique email address, US State Code, and Supervisor Status. Highly recommended fields include: Employee ID, Hire Date, Department, Country Code. Fields may also include any or all of our remaining standard data & date fields.
- Configure Groups which align with your campaign objectives. Remember to create groups based on training deadlines so that the connected campaigns may be closed or withdrawn once the deadline passes.
- Log-in for the first time by visiting your account URL and setting up your password or wait for Okta to be configured, if being provisioned by your company.
Step 5 Begin API Integration
- Configure Single Sign-On Integration, if using. Currently Okta SSO is available.
- Configure SFTP Data Sync, if using. Finalize the HRIS SFTP Sync by sending sample reports to test and validate configuration.
Step 6 Campaign Configuration
- Understand the who, what, when, where, why and how of training to best plan your campaigns.
- Choose Open campaigns for all ongoing training. Select Scheduled campaigns for Annual Training.
- Determine how long employees have to train. Decide on the duration or end date. Consider other required training during the same time.
- Activate the Assignment Changes Approval tool to ensure you are able to monitor changes and minimize errors as you learn the system flow.
Step 7 Develop Communication Strategy
- Prepare notification messaging using the welcome/assignment, reminder, past due and completion emails. See notification template suggestions for default text and additional ideas. To understand how Users will first experience the system, be sure to review the User Experience article.
- The best planned communication strategy will include pre-launch messaging, a variety of messaging platforms and swift follow-up.
- Plan cadence for notifications. How frequently will you remind employees about incomplete training?
- Consider developing an internal FAQ for common employee questions. You can gather ideas from the Generic Sample (please request a copy from your Implementation Specialist) as well as the detailed User FAQs.
- Inform the IT department of the Allowlist Information and the Minimum System Requirements for the Emtrain AI Platform and Programs, if you haven't already. Discuss any rate control limits that might affect the launch. Ask if Emtrain can be marked as a Preferred Provider to avoid unnecessary “external” tags on email subjects.
Step 8 Training Launch
- Deploy/activate campaigns to assign training and send training announcements to employees.
- Review the User FAQs to be reminded of typical issues Users may have when accessing the training
- Send an email to email@example.com for any unresolved technical issues Account Admins or Users have so that the Emtrain AI Support Team may assist with troubleshooting and resolution.
Step 9 User Management
- Continually upload your employee roster to add new hires, adjust supervisors status for promotions and make other general profile edits as needed.
- Continually update employee status to deactivate (terminate) employees or set them on leave.
- Add Account Admins to help with the launching and monitoring process, if needed.
Step 10 Monitor Campaigns
- Monitor your campaigns to ensure things continue as planned. Adjust as needed.
- Report on campaign or content completion using the system completion reports.
- Evaluate employee perceptions of workplace culture using Emtrain AI Insight Reports.
- Adjust or add to campaign goals, as needed.
- Reach out to your Account Manager for a Quarterly Business Review and learn suggested training emphases based on culture perceptions.