A new feature was added to allow administrators to pause campaign notifications for learners who are officially on leave. If an employee is set to "on leave" their campaign activity including notifications and due dates are suspended. When the user is marked no longer on leave, their campaign resumes.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
The two types of campaigns will handle this a bit differently.
- When a learner is set to On Leave, any pending campaign notifications that learner may have scheduled are not sent. During the leave period, the User can still log in, reset their password, complete their assignments, etc.
- When the learner is set back to active, the learner's campaign due date is adjusted by the duration of the learner's leave, e.g if a learner's leave is 15 days long, the due date for their open campaign is lengthened by 15 days.
- When the learner is set back to active, notifications are re-scheduled and sent according to the length of the leave period.
- When a learner is set to On Leave, any pending campaign notifications that learner may have scheduled are not sent. During the leave period, the user can still log in, reset their password, complete their assignments, etc.
- When a learner returns to active status after their leave is over, notifications resume from the current date. If there are no notifications remaining for the campaign, none are sent.
The onLeave status can be updated both manually and thru the import tool.
- To set a learner "on leave" using the CSV Import Tool, use onLeave in the Status column. To revoke the onLeave status using the CSV Import Tool, replace On Leave with active.
- To set a learner on leave manually, edit the user's profile and set the On Leave option to Yes instead of No. Likewise, to remove the On Leave status, the profile may once again be edited from Yes to No.
Can a New User be added with an onLeave status?
Yes! On Leave is a valid status when you create a new user. If you are uploading Users for the first time who are in fact on leave, you will see them marked as onLeave in the Status Column of the User Table. They will not receive assignments and notifications until after the onLeave status is updated to active.
Do I have to use the On Leave Status?
The On Leave status is optional for Admins who wish to prevent notifications as a courtesy for employees who are on leave. This is not something that is required to use.
Do Users see the On Leave status if they access their account or profile?
The On Leave status is a setting visible only to Account Admins. Users will not see that level of detail on their User Profile.
Do onLeave Users have access to their assignments?
Anyone marked as On Leave continues to have access to assignments if they log in to their account.
Are Users notified of an adjusted due date when they are moved from an On Leave status to active?
No notification is sent to specifically indicate their status changed. Already scheduled emails would resume according to schedule.