This workplace violence prevention training course provides important protection for employees by showing how they can spot classic red flag situations and minimize the potential for violent episodes in the workplace. It also walks employees through an action plan of how to respond if and when workplace violence happens.
- Workplace Violence (WV) (25 minutes)
A course timer is not included in the course. You may deploy a course with a timer using our Course Timer feature.
Emtrain helps clients meet training requirements under California SB 553 (effective July 1, 2024)
- Workplace Violence course for annual training
- Teaches how to report workplace violence incidents or concerns to the employer or law enforcement without fear of reprisal
- Provides interactive questions and answers with a person knowledgeable about workplace violence protocols
- Supports training records and retention (including training dates, content, names and qualifications of persons conducting the training, and names and job titles of all persons attending the training sessions.
- California SB553 Regulation: SB-553 Occupational safety: workplace violence: restraining orders and workplace violence prevention plan.
The course is available in English and 50 languages that have been translated through machine translations if you are hosted on our Emtrain AI platform. If you are a SCORM client, please review this article for more information.
Required Course Elements
A PDF of, or link to, your written workplace violence policy is available for clients to upload and configure their policy. Emtrain provides a help desk tutorial showing account admins how to complete this task for hosted AI and SCORM.
As part of the course, learners must both read and acknowledge receipt of your workplace violence policy using the Policy Acknowledgement cards.
Default Policy Acknowledgment cards included in the Workplace Violence course include:
Relevant Course Pairings
What happens if we do not have a workplace violence policy?
It is highly recommended you develop a workplace policy on violence so that your workplace is appropriately protected.