At times, sending training to one person or a handful of people can be helpful. However, adjusting current groups connected to an active campaign to pick up “one more” person can be tricky. This will guide you through setting up a way to send training through a campaign to that person.
Create a Group
There are two ways to create a One-Off Group:
- Create a NEW dynamic group and create ONE rule of “Email IS” to add email addresses of each person you would like to issue the training to. Each email added appears as if they were tags associated with this rule. Do NOT create multiple Email IS rules for multiple email addresses.
- Create a NEW static group and add folks to the group as needed.
Create a Campaign
- Duplicate the campaign and ensure you name it in such a way so that you know it is a one-off campaign.
- Though this works for both open & scheduled campaigns, keep in mind that no assignments will take place for scheduled campaigns once the end date has passed.
- Connect the One-Off Group to the One-Off Campaign.
HINT: If you suspect or know that you will need to add individual members to a campaign after you've deployed, it might be wise to create an (empty) one-off assignment group and add this group to open campaigns before deployment. This way, if the need arises, you do not need to create additional campaigns.