Do you want to use Emtrain courses to train your workforce but already are using a Learning Management System to administer your training program? Emtrain offers all of our available AI courses in SCORM format so that you assign and track Emtrain courses in your LMS platform. We export courses in both SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004 3rd edition formats.
- Domain allowlisting and technical concerns
- Testing Emtrain courses in your LMS
- Common Questions
- Test course package
Domain allowlisting and technical concerns
Emtrain's courses make use of an API to authenticate the course and serve some company specific assets. Please review these allowlist requirements for email notifications and content.
A list of supported browsers and technical requirements can be found here.
Testing Emtrain courses in your LMS
Emtrain provides test course packages that contain all the functionality and features of the course in a small package. Completing the test course allows you to identify any potential issues before your training launch. Emtrain will assist you in resolving issues that present themselves during the testing process. Test files are available for download at the bottom of this page.
- Download the test course package from the list at the bottom of this page.
- Add the test course package to your LMS following your standard course upload procedures and assign the course to your testers.
- Launch the course and complete the testing according to the test worksheet on the second page of the test course. The link to the test worksheet doubles as a test of the workplace policy link.
- Upon the completion of your testing, return any completed testing worksheets to your Implementation Specialist or if you are unsure, please send to email@example.com.
The following materials and information must be supplied to Emtrain in order to produce your SCORM course packages:
- LMS info: Provide your LMS platform and version, if applicable. If your LMS requires any non-standard configuration of the SCORM packages, please provide detailed information or documentation from your LMS vendor.
- Browser and Browser Version: If your organization uses a standard browser, please let us know the browser and browser version you use.
- Testing worksheets: Please return any completed testing worksheets to your Implementation Specialist or if you are unsure, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Logo: Your logo is displayed in the course. Please follow the instructions for preparing and uploading your logo.
- Policy: Most Emtrain courses include your workplace policy. Please add the relevant policy, either as a PDF file, or as a link to the policy hosted on your organizations website or intranet. If you are using a link to a hosted policy, please provide the exact URL to the policy resource. Please follow the instructions for adding your company policy to your courses.
Learners have pop-ups blocked, can they still use this? When a learner launches the SCORM course on your LMS, the Emtrain AI platform will open a Learning Environment which has been slightly modified for SCORM users. Depending on the LMS and browser settings, a secondary window may open to initially launch the training and an additional tab may open when a learner clicks to download your workplace policy. We are not able to "force" functionality on a learners workstation. We highly suggest you use the test file to examine some of these items and modify your internal communications to educate learners on how best to navigate within the program.
Will employees receive completion certificates? Completion certificates will be issued to all learners who complete our trainings. The name on the certificate will be listed with the information the Client LMS sends over. If your LMS provisions first & last name to our platform upon launch, the certificate will have the name listed. If no identifying information is provisioned, the certificate will be issued with the SCORM ID associated with the learner. Emtrain will not be responsible for matching SCORM IDs with specific learners. Emtrain will not be able to re-issue certificates with "different" names on them.
Is there a way to obtain a litigation report? Yes! The Activity Report, accessible on every learner profile, will serve as a litigation report. It is a click by click report showing all the activity of cards viewed and interactions responded to.
Will we have access to the way learners answered questions? With the Emtrain AI platform, you will absolutely have access to the analytics and insights. Anyone that should have access would need to have an Account Admin log-in to the Emtrain AI Platform and can visit the Insights Report for these analytics.
Once you have tested the SCORM packages and your account has been set-up, you may proceed to the Admin User Configuration step.
Test course package
The SCORM test files are current as of 02/24/2022. When finished with your testing, return any completed test worksheets to your Implementation Specialist or if you are unsure, please send to email@example.com so that any issues can be addressed.
Click below to download one of the SCORM test files: