SKIP AHEAD TO:
- Standard Configuration Options
- Customization Guidelines
- Customization Process
- Inserting Content
- Common Questions
Standard Configuration Options
Please refer to the Standard Configuration Options for in scope options that do not require customizations such as: adding logo, policy, title, timer, card delay, and completion certificate.
Customizations require adding, editing, reorganizing, or deleting cards. There are multiple card types that consist of text only, text with images, video cards, and interactive question cards.
Emtrain will make content customizations based on a marked-up script or completed form.
Please use our Client Scripting Guide linked below for scripting Dos and Don'ts.
- Emtrain provides client with a script or form to mark up with desired edits
- Client marks up script/completes form and sends back to Emtrain
- Emtrain determines final Client’s Content Customization scope and cost
- Client approves of final scope and cost and an order form is generated for Client signature
- Client’s customized content goes into production
- Client completes Content Review Cycle
- Client provides Final Content Approval
- Emtrain publishes Client’s customized content to their content library
How to Provide a Script Mark-Up
Each Emtrain content script is downloaded through Microsoft Word and utilizes Tracked Changes to help accurately capture a Client’s content edits. Any changes to the content must be provided by you. Emtrain does not provide nor write alternative text options for standard customization requests. Emtrain is not responsible for reviewing replaced text for grammatical or spelling errors, nor does Emtrain provide a legal review of requested edits.
- Open your Emtrain content script and the course preview to have a visual reference of each card layout
- As you go through the course preview, review the content in the script to determine any desired edit changes
- Provide your content edits by directly changing the text in the body of the script. You are also able to insert comments to express questions or concerns.
*You are NOT able to change subtitles for videos.
- When your markup is complete, save the file, changing the file name to include your Organization name and the current date. (e.g. [company name]_[date]_ Lesson Script_4021_11-18-2021 Empathy at Work_v1.1.0)
If you are not sure how to use Tracked Changes in Microsoft Word, please use our guide on How to Use Tracked Changes in Content Scripts attached below.
- Lesson Card Types: The various card types are listed and shown as examples of what could be used if content is being added to the training.
- Content Submission Guidelines: Specifications when submitting content to be added to a lesson or program.
Are certain lessons designed to comply with state laws? While we consider that the first lessons in the program as foundational, material is included throughout which satisfies different state requirements.
If I add/edit a question, will poll results be available? Should you choose to add or edit a dialog card, that card belongs exclusively to your account and as such, no other account would view that card. It would calculate "My Org" data but the Global data would be absent.
If I choose to edit content, will my program remain compliant? Any edits Emtrain makes to shared cards would automatically be included in your program. Any cards which are exclusive to your account would not be automatically updated. Any cards which Emtrain adds would not be automatically added.
Can I apply all of the edits in one script to all other program scripts? At minimum, there are slight differences between each of the programs. The work associated to apply edits from one script to others will be billed as part of the customization cost.
Can we use the questions but remove the “My Org” data? Yes, the “My Org” results information on the response cards can be turned off at the account level.