Should your company have the need for more stringent rules when employees create passwords, options are now available to configure password rules upon account set-up.
Default Password Rules
When accounts are created, the default password rules include:
- Minimum length: 8 characters
- Maximum length: 32 characters
- Password cannot contain:
- User's first or last name
- User's account name or account subdomain
Configurable Password Rules
Password rules can be set on a account specific basis to include additional requirements. Options include:
- Minimum length can be set to a minimum of 5 characters
- Maximum length can be set to a maximum of 250 characters.
- Uppercase character: Require at least 1
- Number: Require at least 1
- Special character: Require at least 1 from the following !@#$%^&*
Password rules are applied only when a user sets or changes their password, so if a user has an existing password that fails a password rule, they can log in with it, but will have to abide by the password rule the next time they change their password.