Respect in 2023 is nuanced and based on context. Everyone’s concept of “respect” is slightly different and influenced by our unique life experiences, and when someone feels disrespected, they often describe disrespect as harassment. Learning how to show respect to your different co-workers is a skill that can be developed, practised, and that can reduce co-worker friction (and claims of harassment).
In addition to illustrating potentially harassing behavior, this course teaches the skills to be more intentionally respectful to different types of people in order to reduce co-worker conflict and increase positive team dynamics.
- Interviews with different people on what is (and isn’t) a “respectful” workplace illuminate that we all have different expectations and perspectives of what “good” looks like.
- New videos and lessons, while still covering particularly timely topics
- “What is Harassment” scene showing yellow conduct — what uninformed employees would assume is a harassment claim, but which is NOT harassment — it’s yellow conduct. Yellow conduct is not good, but it's not illegal.
- A Complaint Decision Tree downloadable for employees so they can understand the substance of their complaint and how to “package” it up, e.g., do they say “harassment” or do they say “we’re stuck in conflict and can’t get work done.” (This will support and free up the time Employee Relations Professionals who spend their workweek investigating situations that are NOT harassment.)
As a staple of our Preventing Workplace Harassment series, the course also provides the shared language of the Workplace Colour Spectrum® so people can colour-code conduct, not people, and give instant feedback to course-correct in real-time.
We recommend training all employees and contractors on 60 minutes of content each year to keep them abreast of current issues and reinforce positive workforce behaviors.
Emtrain’s version 12 of our Preventing Workplace Harassment course enables you to:
- Meet training requirements.
- Use a shared language to enable feedback, common ground, and course-correct in real-time.
- Identify, measure, and manage the organizational and employee behaviors that lead to disrespect.
- Benchmark your workplace culture against others and leverage Emtrain’s content, data, and ecosystem of experts to help you improve your culture.
Preventing Workplace Harassment 12 is available as SCORM content if you are using a third-party LMS. For more information, please refer to the Preventing Workplace Harassment Canada (v12) content article for additional information.
Common Questions and FAQs
Q: Does this course cover the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)?
This course does not include AODA, but can be assigned alongside our Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) microlesson. For more information on this lesson, please see our list of Available Microlessons.